James Lick High School was built in 1950 and is the oldest of the eleven high schools in the ESUHSD. Our mascot is the comet as our school colors are green and white. The school is named after James Lick, founder of the locally famous Lick Observatory.
James Lick High school has many traditions which help bring students, teachers, staff and school supporters together. Spirit days are spread throughout the year culminating to the year long race for "Spirit Points".
- Forrest Fezler, former PGA Tour golfer
- Thomas A. Heredia, C.E.O. of Ionics Ultrapure Water in East San Jose
- Roger Maltbie, professional golfer and sportscaster
- Jim Plunkett, former NFL quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner
- Willy T. Ribbs, first African-American to race in the Indianapolis 500
- Luis Valdez, an American playwright and film director, "father of Chicano theater"
Mr. James Lick