skip to main content

Student Support Services

The Student Support CenterTop of Page

The Student Support Center (SSC) is staffed by a School Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Mental Health Interns, Community Based Organizations and works collaboratively with staff at the school site and District office.
The SSC Provides a number of free and confidential* services and supports to the school community including:
  • Crisis intervention, educationally related mental health counseling services, support, and case management.
  • Building trusting relationships with students, families, and school personnel.
  • Maintain the confidentiality of student and family.
  • Home visits to understand and address barriers to learning.
  • Linking students and families with school and community resources.
  • Family Support
  •  Collaborating with all school personnel to assess students’ social/emotional obstacles to academic success.
  • Assist teachers and administrators in developing plans to help students with academic and behavior problems.
  • Develop/facilitate/coordinate wellness prevention and intervention programs and activities. 
  • Some services may require parental consent

Issues That May Prompt a ReferralTop of Page

  • Mental health issues
  • Suicidal ideation
  • Abuse or neglect
  • Lack of basic needs/homelessness
  • Pregnancy, teen parent needs
  • Change in academic performance
  • Chronic attendance or tardiness issues
  • Gang affiliations
  • Coping or social skills deficits
  • Facilitation of school-home-community communication
  • Student advocacy
  • Referral, monitoring, collaboration to and with community agencies
  • Staff support and/or development
  • Substance Abuse

When should I refer a student to the Student Support Center?Top of Page

A student should be referred to the Student Support Center when the student shows signs of social and/or emotional difficulties, which are interfering with the student’s success at school.

How do I make a referral?Top of Page

Contact Ms. Patty ValleTop of Page

Email Me a Copy
I'm not a Robot.
Thank you for your submission.

Community ResourcesTop of Page

EMQ Family’s First Crisis Hotline 408-379-3796
Alum Rock Counseling Center Mobile Crisis Unit 408-294-0579
Child Protective Services (CPS) 408-279-2071
Bill Wilson’s Centre for Living with Dying 408-243-0222
Emergency Shelter/Food/Clothing for Youth and Families
Bill Wilson Center (Youth & Young Adults) 408-243-0222
EHC Lifebulilders 408-539-2100
Inn Vision 408-292-4286
Catholic Charities 408-325-5277
Second Harvest Food Bank 1-800-984-3663
Loaves and Fishes 408-998-1500
To Register as Homeless with East Side Union High School District, Contact Rose Ortiz 408-347-5202
Victim of Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence or Crime
YWCA of Silicon Valley 
Rape Crisis Line 1-800-572-2782
Rape Crisis Center 408-295-4011 Ext. 200
Victim Witness Assistance Center 408-295-2656
Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence 
Emergency Hotline 408-279-2962
Non-Emergency 408-501-75540
Substance Use/Abuse
Asian Americans for Community Involvement 408-975-2730
Asian American Recovery Services 408-271-3900
Alcoholics Anonymous
Al-anon and Alateen
Youth Space 408-343-7940
PFLAG (Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays)
Mental Health Agencies
Medi-Cal County Mental Health Referral Line 1-800-704-0900
Asian Americans for Community Involvement 408-975-2730
Alum Rock Counseling Center 408-294-0500
Almaden Valley Counseling Services 408-997-0200
Bill Wilson Center 408-243-0222
Catholic Charities 408-468-0100
Community Solutions 408-225-9163
EMQ Families First 408-379-3796
Gardner Family Health 408-918-2600
Starlight Community Services 408-284-9000
Legal Advocacy and Support for Youth in Santa Clara County
Legal Advocates for Children and Youth (LACY) 408-293-4790
Victim Witness Assistance Center 408-295-2656
Health Insurance 
Healthy Kids
Foothill Community Health Center
Kaiser Permanente
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center 408-885-5000